Training Tips for Novice Shooters
- June 12, 2015
- News & Media
- Posted by Blackjack Marketing
- Comments Off on Training Tips for Novice Shooters
Informative article for novice shooters. Some of the topics discussed cannot be taught in an article, and require actual practice on the range with a skilled instructor. I’ve put some of the highlights (summarized) below.
Always remember the 4 cardinal rules of firearm safety:
- Treat all weapons as if they are loaded
- Never point your weapon at anything you aren’t willing to destroy
- Keep your finger straight and off the trigger until you are ready to fire
- Always be aware of your target, backstop, and beyond.
Learn and master the fundamentals including grip, trigger control, stance and proper sight picture. Each of these may vary slightly from shooter to shooter (except sight picture), and its important to know the details of each and find what works for you while remaining functional. Lastly, the article discusses the importance of mental preparation and visualization. Apart from some other tactical and firearms instructors, mental preparation and visualization are two things highly stressed upon in all of the training provided by BSC. If you are training for self defense or combat shooting, having a winning mindset and the confidence to overcome stresses is something that must be trained into you.
Check out the article, contact us with any questions and always continue improving !